Navigate / search

Scrum Values Overview

[ refer to post: 'I am the Scrum Master' for index of all Scrum posts ] There are five words that speak clearly to the values of Scrum Focus Courage Openness Commitment Respect Really these are five great values to live most of your life by ... but we can talk more about that at a later date! Let's break these out: Focus One of my favorite aspects of the Scrum process is how clearly all the roles are defined.  Whether Team Member, Scrum Master, Product Owner, or Stakeholder, Read more [...]

51% Solution

  In response to "Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda, Did..." In the above linked blog post, the concept of a 51% solution is brought up: I am a big fan of making informed decisions, embracing the 51% solution, committing to action, and collaboratively addressing the remaining 49% during execution.  Those who prefer the 100% solution before taking action continue to hold the rest of the team back. The idea made stop and think about what a 51% solution really means... More than half of Read more [...]

I am the Scrum Master

I recently took over the role as Scrum Master with my software development shop.  This is an exciting transition for me as I feel that I will be able to make a great positive impact in the overall productivity of my team more so than I ever was able to knee deep in code. For those that don't know, Scrum is an Agile software development methodology that focuses on an iterative and incremental concept for creating software.  The word Scrum is originally from a scrum (short for scrummage) in rugby, Read more [...]